WELCOME TO RICHMOND RACEWAY
You've never been to a NASCAR event before. You've heard about it, maybe seen a race on TV, but haven't enjoyed the experience that is a NASCAR weekend. Don't worry because you've come to the right place! Our Fan Guide provides some helpful tips and hints, so you can have a great experience at America's Premier Short Track!
We continue to listen to fan feedback in order to provide the best guest experience. As part of this effort, and thanks to advancements in security technology and tactics, we’ve enhanced our guidelines on items fans may carry into our facilities. With safety in mind, and to ensure a timely entry, the following Grandstand Guidelines will be maintained.
Please note: All guests and bags are subject to search.
- One soft-sided cooler, no larger than 14x14x14 inches (no telescoping handles, wheels or hard sides).
- Insulated cups, like metal cups or thermoses.
- Coolers may contain ice.
- Backpacks and drawstring packs, no larger than 18"x18"x4" and one (1) per person.
- Food and beverages brought in approved bags/coolers.
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets and cameras can be carried separately into the grandstands.
- Seat cushions can be brought in, but may not contain arm rests. Those with compartments will be reviewed upon entry.
- Small flags.
- Personal use video cameras are permitted, but no commercial reproduction of footage is allowed without written permission from Richmond and NASCAR licensing officials.
- Coolers with telescoping handles, wheels, hard sides.
- Seat cushions with arm rests.
- Glass of any kind.
- Flag poles of any kind.
- Firearms and fireworks
- Beach balls, Frisbees, or projectiles of any kind.
- Umbrellas of any size.
- Noise makers & laser pointers.
- Wagons, bicycles, scooters, hoverboards, skateboards, and roller skates.
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks.
- Items restricted by local, state or federal laws.
The grandstand seating areas are smoke-free. Smoking is also prohibited in front of the grandstands, in the portals leading to the seating areas, and inside all buildings. E-cigarettes and vapes will not be permitted in the grandstands. Fans are permitted to smoke in open-air areas beneath and behind the grandstands, on the Midway, and in all parking lots/campgrounds. Guests who do not follow these guidelines could be removed from the race/property.
Restricted items MAY NOT be left at the gate area. Unattended items left in the gate area will be disposed of by Richmond Raceway.
Richmond Raceway will still allow fans to exit and re-enter the grandstands at anytime. Please make sure to have your hand stamped at the gates when exiting and you must show your ticket stub and hand stamp when re-entering.
The above are subject to change without notice.
Thank you for your cooperation.Express Lanes
Richmond Raceway has made way for fans to access their seats at America’s Premier Short Track even faster. At major gate entrances to Richmond Raceway, race fans without bags requiring inspection can enter the facility through the Express Lanes.
VISIT A GUEST SERVICES BOOTH
Guest Services are located along the transportation route to assist with:
- Directions to seating areas, displays, and special events.
- Children's ID and Safety Bracelets.
- Handicap assistance carts, emergency services and minor vehicle repair.
To contact Richmond Security, contact the following phone numbers on race weekends:
- 804-228-7576 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 804-370-3022 from 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Text RRFAN followed by your message to 69050
ARRIVAL & PARKING
ADA/Handicapped parking is available for guests with handicapped parking permits on a first-come, first-served basis. Guests can access the lots by using parking Gates 2, 6, and the Service Gate.
Guests with handicapped parking permits should know:
- Guests CANOT use a handicapped parking permit unless the person to whom it is issued is the driver of or passenger in your vehicle.
- A valid photo ID will be required for entry into the ADA lots.
- The permit must be hung on the rearview mirror when the vehicle is parked in the disabled parking area.
- Both sides of the parking permit must display valid decals (month/year and driver's license number).
- Parking permit number must be displayed toward the front of the windshield.
- Handicapped license plates accompanied with a photo ID may be used in lieu of a parking permit.
- According to Virginia law, unlawful use of a parking permit is a Class Two Misdemeanor.
- Refusal to cooperate with law enforcement officers implementing this program can result in removal from the property and loss of handicapped parking permit.
WHEELCHAIR & SCOOTER POLICY
- Guests may bring their own wheelchairs for personal use while visiting Richmond Raceway.
- Richmond also allows Personal Electric Transport devices that are commercially built for handicapped individual use only.
HANDICAP ASSISTANCE CARTS
Richmond has a limited number of handicap assistance carts to help our disabled guests who require assistance with transportation within the immediate raceway property. While these carts do not pick up at specific camp sites or parking spaces, we will pick up and drop off from guest services tent locations as shown on the site map. For more information, please click here.
Richmond offers both free and permit parking on property. Those without the required parking permits will be directed by Henrico County Police to the nearest free parking lot on Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series days. Guests with parking passes should have them prominently displayed prior to arriving at the track. For more details, please click here, and follow @HenricoPolice on Twitter during race weekend.
A complimentary tram service runs continuously on event days from Loy J (accessed via Gate 14) and Lot H (accessed via Gates 11, 12 or 13) to Gate 60 along the backstretch.
Vehicles remaining in non-overnight lots will be towed at the owner's expense beginning three hours after the conclusion of on-track activities. Vehicles parked in Fire, Emergency, and public roadway lanes are subject to fines in addition to being towed. To retried towed vehicles, please call Glen Allen Towing at 804-266-2700.
WHERE WE ARE
Richmond is in Henrico County, centrally located in the heart of Virginia. There are o shortage of exciting entertainment options in Henrico and the nearby City of Richmond. Whether you're interested in some of our nationally renowned restaurants, soaking in the arts revolution downtown RVA, or checking out the 400-year history of the area in places such as Tredegar Iron Works or Shockhoe Bottom - the region has something for everyone. Come discover for yourself why it was listed among Travel & Leisure magazine's 50 Best Places to Travel in the world in 2016.
To help make your travel plans as seamless as possible, we've worked with local hotels to offer special lodging rates (with no two-day minimums) to our race fans. Click here to check out some of these awesome deals.
AIRPORT & AIRLINE INFORMATION
Richmond International Airport (RIC) is located 10 miles from Richmond Raceway and offers more than 180 daily flights to major U.S. destinations and international gateways onboard American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, United Airlines, Allegiant, and respective regional affiliates.
Richmond International Airport
1 Richard E. Byrd Terminal Drive
Richmond International Airport, VA 23250-2400
804-226-3000 | www.FlyRichmond.com
When you get your tickets, please confirm your information is correct and contact us if there are any discrepancies. Please keep your tickets in a safe place - as Richmond Raceway assumes no responsibility for lost, misplaced or destroyed tickets. All sales are final (no refunds or exchanges).
If for some reason your assigned seat location is not available, we'll set you up with comparable seating of equal value.
Richmond Raceway accepts cash, money orders, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover for payments. Tickets purchased from sources other than Richmond may not be honored, as they could be lost, stolen, or counterfeit. The purchaser on file is solely responsible for any subsequent resale of a ticket regardless of how or why tickets were resold.
All schedules are tentative and subject to change. In the case of postponement or rescheduling of a race, please keep your ticket or ticket stub to re-enter on the date of rescheduling. If you plan on entering the grandstand for any race, you must have a ticket. Richmond does not refund or exchange tickets due to postponement or rescheduling of a race unless ticket insurance is purchased through Ticket Guardian.
Tickets placed at Will Call can be picked up by the account holder at the Commonwealth Mall ticket booth located by Lot D parking. Please have a valid ID to claim your tickets. Prior to event weekends, tickets can be picked up at the Main Ticket Office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Print at Home option is available to race fans who purchased any grandstand tickets and want the convenience of printing their tickets at home. To utilize the Print at Home option, the Richmond Raceway ticket buyer will need to have access to e-mail and a printer. When purchasing tickets over the phone, the ticket buyer needs to mention to the ticket agent they would like to use the Print at Home option. When purchasing tickets online, the ticket buyer should choose the Print at Home option. The ticket buyer will log in to their account and click "View/Print/Pay My Orders", select order, and click "Print Tickets." The ticket barcode is only good for one admission and duplicate copies of the same barcode will not allow access.