GEICO Campground Guidelines
GEICO Campground Arrival Information:
Gates Open: Campgrounds will open at 12:00 noon on their first day and will remain open until 10:00 pm that night. The following day’s guests must arrive between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm to be placed in the lot. Those arriving before the open time or after 10:00 pm will be staged at the entrance until the lot opens.
The RV parking pass must be displayed on your RV vehicle’s front windshield or your trailer’s door/window where it can be seen at all times. The tow vehicle pass must be affixed to your car windshield in the bottom left-hand corner on the driver’s side. Vehicles without proper permit displayed at all times will be towed at the owner’s expense. Due to safety reasons, Richmond will be strictly enforcing this rule with inspections throughout the weekend.
Any additional companion vehicles or guest vehicles must park in the General Daily Parking Lot for single day parking.
Parking is only allowed in your assigned space. You must park in your assigned area and any personal property, including your one (two in the Main Campground) companion vehicle(s), MUST fit within your designated space.
GEICO Campgrounds Parking Hours:
Main & Laburnum Reserved RV Parking:
- FALL: Noon on Tuesday - noon on Sunday
Reserved RV Parking Lot F:
- FALL: Noon on Tuesday - noon on Sunday
GEICO Campgrounds Regulations:
If you plan to park overnight on Richmond Raceway property, you must obey the following regulations
- Quiet hours begin at 1:00 a.m. and last until 7:00 am. During this time, loud music, large gatherings, and unruly behavior is not allowed. Additionally, guests are urged to return to their sites, and generators must be turned off. Any vehicle causing a disturbance to neighboring sites may be relocated or removed from the property.
- Please be considerate of your neighbors and behave responsibly.
- Do not park in other sites or block access to other sites, roadways, fire lanes or dump stations.
- Tent camping is not permitted in any of the RV parking lots.
- Tailgating/canopy tents must be staked/secured at all times. Failure to stake/secure properly will result in removal of the tent. Tents over 200 square feet and canopies over 400 square feet need advanced approval by Richmond Raceway and must be inspected by the Henrico County Fire Department prior to utilization.
- Weapons of any type are strictly prohibited and will be confiscated. Those items include, but are not limited to firearms, fireworks, sporting knives, spotlights, laser pointer or other items deemed dangerous by Richmond Raceway. Possession may result in your removal from Richmond property.
- Please put all trash in plastic bags, tie them, and place them in the trash cans provided throughout the parking lot.
- All pets must be kept on a leash. You must clean up after your pets.
- Unauthorized golf carts, ATVs, motor scooters, and any other motorized cycles are not permitted on Richmond Raceway property. Guests with special needs may receive assistance from Guest Services. Please note that bicycles are not allowed on the tram route.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and drones are strictly prohibited on Richmond Raceway Property. Anyone using an UAV or property is subject to removal and the confiscation of the UAV.
- Proper ventilation is required in all vehicles. All exhaust MUST be directed up and away from each vehicle. Use caution when operating generators, charcoal or gas stoves, heaters and lights.
- No corporate-branded vehicles or wrapped RVs will be allowed in the parking lot.
- A personal, portable restroom may be rented in Lot F and Laburnum SOUTH, provided it is placed on the edge of your site towards the road and locked when not in use. NOTE: Due to size and hygienic constraints, personal portable restrooms are not permitted in GEICO Main and Laburnum NORTH RV parking lots. A bathhouse is located just outside the Main Reserved RV Parking Lot as you enter the midway from Lot B.
- Enclosed shipping trailers are prohibited in any RV parking lots. This includes, but is not limited to, box trucks, flat beds, soft-sided trailers, etc.
Violation of these regulations, major disturbances, or unauthorized vehicles in the parking area can result in the loss of site and parking privileges.
Flag Pole Policy:
For your own safety and that of other fans around you, metal flagpoles are not to be erected on Raceway property.
- Only non-metallic flagpoles are permitted, fiberglass, PVC, vinyl.
- Not Permitted: steel, aluminum, other metal.
- The top of a flagpole may not exceed maximum height of 15 ft. from the ground surface.
- Flagpoles or other similar objects are NOT permitted with 20 ft. of an overhead electrical line.
Richmond Raceway and the Henrico Fire Department reserve the authority to suspend the use of flag poles due to unsafe weather or for any other safety considerations that may arise.
Outdoor Fireplace Regulations:
- Open fires are not permitted at any time in the GEICO Main and Laburnum Reserved RV Parking lots. This includes, but is not limited to: campfires, portable outdoor fireplaces, sky lanterns, bonfires and fireworks. Propane and charcoal grills are allowed for cooking purposes only and must be contained within your site. Charcoal must be disposed of properly.
- Portable outdoor fireplaces are allowed in the GEICO Specialty Vehicle Reserved RV Parking in Lot F. Fires must be in approved outdoor fireplaces constructed of steel, clay, concrete or other non-combustible materials. Fires may not be built directly on the ground. Outdoor fireplaces may not exceed a diameter of 36” and are limited to a height of 24”. Fires must be more than 15 feet from vehicles, campers or other combustibles. Please see further guidelines below.
- Firewood shall not be cut or removed from Richmond Raceway property.
- Sufficient water must be supplied to extinguish fires as needed.
- Burning trash or other rubbish is prohibited. Flammable liquids shall not be used to start or contribute to a fire.
- Hot coals/embers shall not be discarded on the ground or left unattended. Charcoal must be disposed of properly. Each site must be free of debris, including ash and firewood, upon departure from the lot.
- Any unattended fire will be extinguished, and the right to have a fire will be revoked for that camper. RV Parking lots will be inspected several times during the day and night for compliance of the rules and regulations.
GEICO Campground Services:
- Non-Potable Water (up to 50 gallons)*** - $55.00
- Pump Out Service*** - $55.00
- Personal Port-a-John*** - $95.00
- There is one shower location.
- Next to Main Campground and handicapped parking lot as you enter the midway
- There is one shower location.
Richmond Raceway is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please make sure you secure any personal belongings throughout your stay. Richmond Raceway strives to operate a safe facility. These regulations are designed to allow us all to meet this goal.
Please see your Camp Manager or call Security for any concerns or disturbances. Thank you for your cooperation.
We appreciate your respect and kindness to our neighbors while you are here in our neighborhood.