We continue to listen to fan feedback in order to provide the best guest experience. As part of this effort, and thanks to advancements in security technology and tactics, we’ve enhanced our guidelines on items fans may carry into our facilities. With safety in mind, and to ensure a timely entry, the following Grandstand Guidelines will be maintained.
Please note: All guests and bags are subject to search.
ALLOWED IN THE GRANDSTANDS
- One soft-sided cooler, no larger than 14x14x14 inches (no telescoping handles, wheels or hard sides).
- One clear bag orclear backpack per person (maximum size of 18"x18"x14") or clutch bag/fanny pack (maximum size of 4.5"x6.5").
- Insulated cups, like metal cups or thermoses.
- Coolers may contain ice.
- Food and beverages brought in approved bags/coolers.
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets and cameras can be carried separately into the grandstands.
- Soft seat cushions (no hard metal arms or structure). Those with compartments will be reviewed upon entry.
- Small flags.
- Personal use video cameras are permitted, but no commercial reproduction of footage is allowed without written permission from Richmond and NASCAR licensing officials.
LEAVE AT HOME
- Coolers with telescoping handles, wheels, hard sides.
- Seat cushions with arm rests.
- Glass of any kind.
- Flag poles of any kind.
- Firearms and fireworks
- Beach balls, Frisbees, or projectiles of any kind.
- Umbrellas of any size.
- Noise makers & laser pointers.
- Wagons, bicycles, scooters, hoverboards, skateboards, and roller skates.
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks.
- Items restricted by local, state or federal laws.
- Camera lenses longer than a dollar bill.
- Any seat cushion with hard metal arms or structure.
- Displays of the confederate flag will not be allowed.
The grandstand seating areas are smoke-free. Smoking is also prohibited in front of the grandstands, in the portals leading to the seating areas, and inside all buildings. E-cigarettes and vapes will not be permitted in the grandstands. Fans are permitted to smoke in open-air areas beneath and behind the grandstands, on the Midway, and in all parking lots/campgrounds. Guests who do not follow these guidelines could be removed from the race/property.
Note: Restricted items MAY NOT be left at the gate area. Unattended items left in the gate area will be disposed of by Richmond Raceway.
Richmond Raceway will still allow fans to exit and re-enter the grandstands at anytime. Please make sure to have your hand stamped at the gates when exiting and you must show your ticket stub and hand stamp when re-entering.
The above are subject to change without notice.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Richmond Raceway has made way for fans to access their seats at America’s Premier Short Track even faster. At major gate entrances to Richmond Raceway, race fans without bags requiring inspection can enter the facility through the Express Lanes.