Accessible Seating options for the our NASCAR events are available on platforms within the Veranda, Dogwood and Colonial platforms, as well as in the Dogwood and Commonwealth Towers. All Accessible seating includes a space along with the option to purchase additional companion seating.
Located on the east side of the of the Commonwealth Grandstand, escalators are available to transport all ticket holders in the Commonwealth Mezzanine and Commonwealth Tower from the ground to the Commonwealth Mezzanine and the first row of the Commonwealth Tower. Use the elevator at Level 4 to access to the top rows of Commonwealth Tower.
For quick entry into the lot, please hang your handicapped parking permit on your rearview mirror before you arrive at Richmond Raceway.
- Please clearly display your handicapped parking permit.
- Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis at Gates 2, 4, 6, and the Service Gate.
Laburnum Avenue West via 360: turn right into Gate 2.
Laburnum Avenue East: turn left into Gate 2.
From 295: Meadowbridge Road, turn left on Carolina Avenue, turn right into Gate 6.
From Laburnum Avenue via 360: turn right on Carolina Avenue, turn left into Gate 6.
Laburnum Avenue West via 360: turn right onto Richmond-Henrico Tpk then right into the Service Gate.
Laburnum Avenue East: turn left onto Richmond-Henrico Tpk then right into the Service Gate.
From 295: Meadowbridge Road/Richmond-Henrico Tpk, turn left into the Service Gate.
Richmond Raceway has a fleet of handicap assistance carts to help our disabled guests who require assistance with transportation within the immediate raceway property. While these carts do not pick up at specific camp sites or parking spaces, we will pick up and drop off from Guest Services tent locations as shown on the site map. These sites are located along the transportation route. Please note these carts can assist a disabled guest and one companion.
Handicap assistance carts transport to and from guest service tent locations which are located on the defined transportation route. Exit the cart closest to your destination along this route.
Handicap assistance carts transport from the following designated locations beginning 30 minutes post-race:
- Virginia is for Lovers Frontstretch Gate
- Gate 40-Turn 1
- Gate 70-Turn 4
The post race drop off points will be to the outer edges of the parking lots. Carts cannot go into the parking lots or campgrounds during post-race, due to vehicle traffic.
See the property map on back cover foldout for exact locations.
• The handicap assistance carts provided by Richmond Raceway are for disabled ticketholders. Please respect this policy.
• Please be advised that delays may occur during peak volume times immediatelybefore and after the race. Transports will occur in the order of the guest’s arrival, and all guests should note that the carts are busiest two to three hours before the race. During this window, wait times can approach an hour in length, so please plan accordingly.
• Guests CANNOT use a handicapped parking permit unless the person to whom it is issued is the driver of or passenger in your vehicle.
• A valid photo ID will be required for entry into the ADA lots.
• The permit must be hung on the rearview mirror when the vehicle is parked in the disabled parking area.
• Both sides of the parking permit must display valid decals (month/year and driver’s license number).
• Parking permit number must be displayed toward the front of the windshield.
• Handicapped license plates accompanied with a photo ID may be used in lieu of a parking permit.
• According to Virginia law, unlawful use of a parking permit is a Class Two misdemeanor.
• Refusal to cooperate with law enforcement officers implementing this program can result in removal from the property.
Please note that law enforcement officers will be verifying that the person to whom the permit is issued is either the driver of or a passenger in the vehicle.
Restrooms equipped for handicapped access are located throughout the grandstands and facility grounds. Family unisex restrooms are located in the Dogwood Tower, Veranda Grandstands, and the Commonwealth Tower and Mezzanine.
Guests may bring their own wheelchairs for personal use while visiting Richmond Raceway. Richmond also allows Personal Electric Transport devices that are commercially built for handicapped individual use only.
PLEASE NOTE: Richmond Raceway does not provide or rent wheelchairs or scooters.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A maximum of two (2) bags per person are allowed through admission gates.
- Backpacks, diaper bags, clutch bags and fanny packs are permitted as long as they do not exceed a maximum size of 18”x18”x14”
- One soft-sided cooler per person (maximum size of 14"x14"x14" - may contain ice)
- A combination of any of the above mentioned items will be allowed with the exception of the soft sided coolers which will be limited to one cooler per guest
- Sunscreen, sunblock, hand sanitizer and bug spray (aerosol, gel or liquid forms)
- Pre-packaged and sealed food and beverage items in clear bag or soft-sided cooler, to include alcoholic beverages (no glass containers)
- Insulated cups - maximum size of 64 oz.
- Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets that can be worn over the neck, belt, or carried in a clear bag
- iPads, tables and laptops computers
- Seat cushions without metal components
- Cigarettes and lighters
- Service animals
- Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick. Flags may not obstruct any other fan's view of event
These items are all permitted through gate entry.
- Foam or hard-sized coolers regardless of size
- Any firearm
- Knives not longer than 3 inches in length when closed or longer than 6 inches in length when open
- Utility tools (multi-purpose tool) with a knife blade longer than 3 inches
- Displays of the confederate flag
- Glass or ceramic containers of any kind
- Dry ice
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers and air horns
- Aerosol cans (with the exception of sunscreen, sun block, hand sanitizer, and bug spray)
- Selfie sticks
- Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Seat cushions with metal components
- Collapsible chairs
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), also known as drones
- Frisbees, balloons, beach balls or any other projectile
- No EV’s (Electric Bicycles), skateboards, hover boards, roller skates and bicycles
- Obscene or indecent clothing
WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO SIT?
We recommend visiting our Maps page.
WHERE IS HANDICAP SEATING AND ENTRY LOCATIONS?
Handicap seating is available in the Veranda Platform, Dogwood Grandstands, Dogwood Tower, and Commonwealth Tower. All grandstand entrances have a ramp or elevator for ADA guests to access their seats. For more ADA information, please click here.
DO YOU OFFER CAMPING ON SITE?
Richmond offers both reserved RV and tent camping for both race weekends. Whether you are looking for hook-ups, partial hook-ups or just wanting space for a tent, we have something for everyone. Click here for more information on all of our convenient camping options.
HOW CAN I UPGRADE MY RACE DAY EXPERIENCE?
We have lots of opportunities for our fans to upgrade their visit to Richmond Raceway. From accessing the FanGrounds in the infield to a FanVision, there is something for every fan.
I OWN A BUSINESS. HOW CAN I ENTERTAIN GUESTS ON RACE DAY?
We have a variety of hospitality offerings that are perfect to entertain any guest on race day. Check out some of the exciting race day options by clicking here. If you are interested in corporate hospitality or suites, please call our sales office at 804-228-7611, or e-mail [email protected].
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DOES RICHMOND RACEWAY ACCEPT?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards. Payment by check, money order, traveler's checks, and cash are also accepted. Personal checks are not accepted race week.
Can I purchase Enhanced Refund Coverage?
The NASCAR’s Ticket Refund Coverage is available during the purchase process for customers when ordering their tickets. This refund coverage is NASCAR’S promise to their fans to protect their purchase with an Enhanced Refund Protection Purchase!
I MOVED! HOW CAN I CHANGE MY TICKET ADDRESS?
You may change your address over the phone at 866-455-RACE as long as you can verify certain information regarding your account. You can also mail or fax the request, along with a copy of the photo ID and signature of the account holder on file. Also, include any changes of phone numbers and email addresses, if applicable. This information should be addressed to:
RICHMOND RACEWAY TICKET OFFICE
600 E LABURNUM AVE
RICHMOND, VA 23222
You are also welcome to fax the information to: 804-329-5029
Please note: Address changes made online do not change your Shipping Address. To make sure that we have your most current address on file, please call us at 866-455-RACE (7223).
HOW DO I BUY AND SELL TICKETS ON SEATGEEK?
SeatGeek is the Official Ticket Marketplace of NASCAR. That means regardless of whether tickers are sold out or hard to come by, you'll always find great tickets on SeatGeek.
You can find tickets to upcoming events at Richmond Raceway by clicking here, or just search "NASCAR" on SeatGeek.com to find upcoming races near you. If you can't make a race and want to sell your tickets, navigate to SeatGeek.com, click on 'Sell' and follow the prompts to list them instantly.
IS THERE ON SITE PARKING DURING RACE WEEKEND?
Richmond offers a variety of reserved and free parking options for every race fan. To learn more about our parking options, click here.
For more information on overnight parking for RVs, motorhomes, campers and other oversized vehicles, please click here.
WHEN DOES THE MIDWAY CLOSE?
Food and partner displays in the Midway begin breaking down at the start of the race. We recommend arriving to the track early, so you can partake in all our Midway has to offer.
CAN WE BRING A COOLER INTO THE TRACK?
Yes, coolers are allowed in the grandstands. They must be no larger than 14”x14”x14” and have to be soft-sided. No glass containers are permitted inside the grandstands.
IS SMOKING ALLOWED AT THE TRACK?
There is no smoking allowed in the grandstands. There are dedicated smoking areas around the track. If you are unsure where to go, please see an usher.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER?
NASCAR and Richmond Raceway officials will exhaust all efforts to ensure scheduled events take place on the originally scheduled day. In the event of inclement weather that causes a race to be postponed to a later date, the Weather Protection Program offers fans the opportunity to exchange their unused Grandstand tickets from the postponed race for any race of the same type at a company property in the next year. Please visit our Weather Protection Program FAQs for full details or to submit a ticket exchange request.
HOW DO I REQUEST EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE?
In case of an emergency, call the following phone numbers on race weekends:
804-228-7576 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
804-370-3022 from 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Fans can also text 69050 for emergency support. In the body of the text message, type RRFAN and a space. After the space, type your need, emergency and/or issue and location.
WHERE IS YOUR LOST & FOUND LOCATED?
Lost & Found is located in the Richmond Ticket Office, located at 600 E. Laburnum Ave. Guests may stop by during normal office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) or call 804-228-7500. Misplaced items may be discarded after 60 days.
WHAT ARE THE TICKET OFFICE HOURS?
Ticket agents are available via phone from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sundays, agents are available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 866-455-RACE (7223). The Richmond Box Office is opened from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
WHAT ARE THE ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS?
We are cashless for our NASCAR event weekend. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards.
HOW DO I EMAIL THE RICHMOND TICKET OFFICE?
You can contact us via email at [email protected].
CAN I TAKE A TOUR OF THE TRACK?
Track Tours can be scheduled by emailing [email protected]. Tours are based on availabilty, Monday - Friday.