ENTRY POLICY QUICK GUIDELINES
We continue to listen to fan feedback in order to provide the best guest experience. As part of this effort, and thanks to advancements in security technology and tactics, we’ve enhanced our guidelines on items fans may carry into our facilities. With safety in mind, and to ensure a timely entry, the following Grandstand Guidelines will be maintained. Please note: All guests and bags are subject to search.
The grandstand seating areas are smoke-free. Smoking is also prohibited in front of the grandstands, in the portals leading to the seating areas, and inside all buildings. E-cigarettes and vapes will not be permitted in the grandstands. Fans are permitted to smoke in open-air areas beneath and behind the grandstands, on the Midway, and in all parking lots/campgrounds. Guests who do not follow these guidelines could be removed from the race/property.
Note: Restricted items MAY NOT be left at the gate area. Unattended items left in the gate area will be disposed of by Richmond Raceway.
- One backpack per person (maximum size of 18"x18"x14") or clutch bag/fanny pack (maximum size of 4.5"x6.5")
- One soft-sided cooler per person (maximum size of 14"x14"x14")
- Sunscreen, sunblock, hand sanitizer and bug spray (aerosol, gel or liquid forms)
- Pre-packaged and sealed food and beverage items in clear bag or soft-sided cooler, to include alcoholic beverages (no glass containers)
- Insulated cups - maximum size of 64 oz.
- Cameras, binoculars, scanners and headsets that can be worn over the neck, belt, or carried in a clear bag
- iPads, tables and laptops computers
- Seat cushions without metal components
- Cigarettes and lighters
- Service animals
- Nationality flags attached to a pencil-sized wooden stick. Flags may not obstruct any other fan's view of event
These items are all permitted through gate entry.
- Foam or hard-sized coolers regardless of size
- Any firearm
- Knives not longer than 3 inches in length when closed or longer than 6 inches in length when open
- Utility tools (multi-purpose tool) with a knife blade longer than 3 inches
- Displays of the confederate flag
- Glass or ceramic containers of any kind
- Dry ice
- Laser pointers
- Noise makers and air horns
- Aerosol cans (with the exception of sunscreen, sun block, hand sanitizer, and bug spray)
- Selfie sticks
- Tripods and monopods that are either solid or collapsible
- Illegal substances of any kind
- Seat cushions with metal components
- Collapsible chairs
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), also known as drones
- Frisbees, balloons, beach balls or any other projectile
- Skateboards, hover boards, roller skates and bicycles
- Obscene or indecent clothing
WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO SIT?
We recommend visiting our Maps page.
WHERE IS HANDICAP SEATING AND ENTRY LOCATIONS?
Handicap seating is available in the Veranda Platform, Dogwood Grandstands, Dogwood Tower, and Commonwealth Tower. All grandstand entrances have a ramp or elevator for ADA guests to access their seats. For more ADA information, please click here.
DO YOU OFFER CAMPING ON SITE?
Richmond offers both reserved RV and tent camping for both race weekends. Whether you are looking for hook-ups, partial hook-ups or just wanting space for a tent, we have something for everyone. Click here for more information on all of our convenient camping options.
HOW CAN I UPGRADE MY RACE DAY EXPERIENCE?
We have lots of opportunities for our fans to upgrade their visit to Richmond Raceway. From accessing the FanGrounds in the infield to a FanVision, there is something for every fan.
I OWN A BUSINESS. HOW CAN I ENTERTAIN GUESTS ON RACE DAY?
We have a variety of hospitality offerings that are perfect to entertain any guest on race day. Check out some of the exciting race day options by clicking here. If you are interested in corporate hospitality or suites, please call our sales office at 804-228-7611, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DOES RICHMOND RACEWAY ACCEPT?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards. Payment by check, money order, traveler's checks, and cash are also accepted. Personal checks are not accepted race week.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES?
Richmond Raceway does not offer refunds or exchanges. All sales are final. If an event has been officially postponed due to the current coronavirus situation, click here for the updated coronavirus ticket policy.
I MOVED! HOW CAN I CHANGE MY TICKET ADDRESS?
You may change your address over the phone at 866-455-RACE as long as you can verify certain information regarding your account. You can also mail or fax the request, along with a copy of the photo ID and signature of the account holder on file. Also, include any changes of phone numbers and email addresses, if applicable. This information should be addressed to:
RICHMOND RACEWAY TICKET OFFICE
600 E LABURNUM AVE
RICHMOND, VA 23222
You are also welcome to fax the information to: 804-329-5029
Please note: Address changes made online do not change your Shipping Address. To make sure that we have your most current address on file, please call us at 866-455-RACE (7223).
IS THERE ON SITE PARKING DURING RACE WEEKEND?
Richmond offers a variety of reserved and free parking options for every race fan. To learn more about our parking options, click here.
For more information on overnight parking for RVs, motorhomes, campers and other oversized vehicles, please click here.
WHEN DOES THE MIDWAY CLOSE?
Food and partner displays in the Midway begin breaking down at the start of the race. We recommend arriving to the track early, so you can partake in all our Midway has to offer.
CAN WE BRING A COOLER INTO THE TRACK?
Yes, coolers are allowed in the grandstands. They must be no larger than 14”x14”x14” and have to be soft-sided. No glass containers are permitted inside the grandstands.
IS SMOKING ALLOWED AT THE TRACK?
There is no smoking allowed in the grandstands. There are dedicated smoking areas around the track. If you are unsure where to go, please see an usher. For more detailed information on all our Grandstand Policies, please click here.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER?
NASCAR and Richmond Raceway officials will exhaust all efforts to ensure scheduled events take place on the originally scheduled day. In the event of inclement weather that causes a race to be postponed to a later date, the Weather Protection Program offers fans the opportunity to exchange their unused Grandstand tickets from the postponed race for any race of the same type at a company property in the next year. Please visit our Weather Protection Program FAQs for full details or to submit a ticket exchange request.
HOW DO I REQUEST EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE?
In case of an emergency, call the following phone numbers on race weekends:
804-228-7576 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
804-370-3022 from 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Fans can also text 69050 for emergency support. In the body of the text message, type RRFAN and a space. After the space, type your need, emergency and/or issue and location.
WHERE IS YOUR LOST & FOUND LOCATED?
Lost & Found is located in the Richmond Ticket Office, located at 600 E. Laburnum Ave. Guests may stop by during normal office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) or call 804-228-7500. Misplaced items may be discarded after 60 days.
WHAT ARE THE TICKET OFFICE HOURS?
Ticket agents are available via phone from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sundays, agents are available 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 866-455-RACE (7223). The Richmond Box Office is opened from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
WHAT ARE THE ACCEPTED PAYMENT METHODS?
We are cashless for our NASCAR event weekend. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards.
HOW DO I EMAIL THE RICHMOND TICKET OFFICE?
You can contact us via email at email@example.com.
CAN I TAKE A TOUR OF THE TRACK?
Track tours are available Monday-Friday, except during race weeks. Tours will start at the Richmond Raceway Administration Office, which is located at 600 East Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23222. Fans can enter the Main Gate at the corner of Laburnum Avenue and Richmond-Henrico Turnpike. Tours begin on the hour starting at 9 a.m. with the final tour of the day starting at 4 p.m. Tours are $5 for adults, $4 for seniors age 55 and over, children ages 7-17 are $3, and kids under age 6 are FREE. For more information on our tours, click here.
The Weather Protection Program applies to regular grandstand tickets for all NASCAR races (NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series) at any participating venue that is postponed and rescheduled to a different date due to inclement weather. Fan(s) may exchange regular grandstand tickets that were not used on the rescheduled date for a future NASCAR race (NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series) at a participating property. Unused regular grandstand tickets may be exchanged for a grandstand ticket of equal or lesser value based on event and seating location availability at the time of redemption. Complete the request form below (available once the race has been officially postponed) or contact the Richmond Raceway ticket office at 1-866-455-7223 to inquire about eligibility and exchanging your ticket.
- Auto Club Speedway
- Darlington Raceway
- Daytona International Speedway*
- Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Kansas Speedway
- Martinsville Speedway
- Michigan International Speedway
- Phoenix Raceway*
- Richmond Raceway
- Talladega Superspeedway
- Watkins Glen International
*Fans may exchange tickets for any NASCAR event with the exception of the Daytona 500 and NASCAR Cup Series Championship event at Phoenix Raceway. Only tickets for the Daytona 500 or NASCAR Cup Series Championship event may exchange into the same event the following year. I.e. If the Daytona 500 is postponed, Daytona 500 ticketholders may exchange their tickets for any participating event or the following year’s Daytona 500.
Nothing. The protection is free for all customers with a paid regular NASCAR grandstand ticket at any of the 11 venues listed.
Upon completion of the rescheduled event, the accountholder has 60 days to contact the ticket office at the venue where the race event was postponed by completing the website request form below. Once the form is submitted, a ticket agent will assist you with the exchange process for a regular grandstand ticket for a future NASCAR event at any of the 11 participating venues. A ticket agent will contact you as soon as possible with consideration for the new event date you have requested.
Eligible regular grandstand tickets may be exchanged for any future NASCAR race at a participating venue within one (1) year of the original event date or for the same race the following year, excluding the Daytona 500 and NASCAR Cup Series Championship event at Phoenix Raceway. Only current Daytona 500 tickets can be redeemed for the next year’s Daytona 500 as well as NASCAR Cup Series Championship for the same event the next year. Eligible tickets must be redeemed within 60 days of completion of the postponed event. If eligible regular grandstand tickets are not redeemed during the allotted timeframe set forth, the exchange opportunity will expire.
Only regular grandstand tickets purchased directly from a participating venue are eligible for an exchange under this policy. Complimentary regular grandstand tickets are not eligible for exchange under this policy. Restrictions also apply to corporate tickets and other special purchase situations. Patrons should contact the track ticket office after the postponed event has been completed with questions regarding eligibility.
Any eligible unused regular grandstand ticket(s) for the rescheduled event date may be redeemed. Complete the request form below or contact the track ticket office to inquire about the eligibility of your grandstand ticket(s).
The Weather Protection Program only covers regular grandstand tickets.
No. Cash refunds will not be issued. This policy allows regular grandstand tickets to be exchanged for future NASCAR races at any of the 12 venues listed.
The Weather Protection Program only applies if a race event is postponed and moved to a date other than the originally scheduled date. Delayed races regardless of the length of delay are not eligible, including if the event completes after 11:59pm.
The Weather Protection Program will not apply to races that were shortened due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances where the event is counted as official by the appropriate sanctioning body
GEICO CAMPGROUNDS RULES
GEICO Campgrounds Regulations:
If you plan to park overnight on Richmond Raceway property, you must obey the following regulations:
- Quiet hours begin at 1:00 a.m. and last until 7:00 am. During this time, loud music, large gatherings, and unruly behavior is not allowed. Additionally, guests are urged to return to their sites, and generators must be turned off. Any vehicle causing a disturbance to neighboring sites may be relocated or removed from the property.
- Please be considerate of your neighbors and behave responsibly.
- Do not park in other sites or block access to other sites, roadways, fire lanes or dump stations.
- Tent camping is not permitted in any of the RV parking lots.
- Tailgating/canopy tents must be staked/secured at all times. Failure to stake/secure properly will result in removal of the tent. Tents over 200 square feet and canopies over 400 square feet need advanced approval by Richmond Raceway and must be inspected by the Henrico County Fire Department prior to utilization.
- Weapons of any type are strictly prohibited and will be confiscated. Those items include, but are not limited to firearms, fireworks, sporting knives, spotlights, laser pointer or other items deemed dangerous by Richmond Raceway. Possession may result in your removal from Richmond property.
- Please put all trash in plastic bags, tie them, and place them in the trash cans provided throughout the parking lot.
- All pets must be kept on a leash. You must clean up after your pets.
- Unauthorized golf carts, ATVs, motor scooters, and any other motorized cycles are not permitted on Richmond Raceway property. Guests with special needs may receive assistance from Guest Services. Please note that bicycles are not allowed on the tram route.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and drones are strictly prohibited on Richmond Raceway Property. Anyone using an UAV or property is subject to removal and the confiscation of the UAV.
- Proper ventilation is required in all vehicles. All exhaust MUST be directed up and away from each vehicle. Use caution when operating generators, charcoal or gas stoves, heaters and lights.
- No corporate-branded vehicles or wrapped RVs will be allowed in the parking lot.
- A personal, portable restroom may be rented in Lot F and Laburnum SOUTH, provided it is placed on the edge of your site towards the road and locked when not in use. NOTE: Due to size and hygienic constraints, personal portable restrooms are not permitted in GEICO Main and Laburnum NORTH RV parking lots. A bathhouse is located just outside the Main Reserved RV Parking Lot as you enter the midway from Lot B.
- Enclosed shipping trailers are prohibited in any RV parking lots. This includes, but is not limited to, box trucks, flat beds, soft-sided trailers, etc.
VIOLATION OF THESE REGULATIONS, MAJOR DISTURBANCES, OR UNAUTHORIZED VEHICLES IN THE PARKING AREA CAN RESULT IN THE LOSS OF SITE AND PARKING PRIVILEGES.
Flag Pole Policy:
For your own safety and that of other fans around you, metal flagpoles are not to be erected on Raceway property.
- Only non-metallic flagpoles are permitted, fiberglass, PVC, vinyl.
- Not Permitted: steel, aluminum, other metal.
- The top of a flagpole may not exceed maximum height of 15 ft. from the ground surface.
- Flagpoles or other similar objects are NOT permitted with 20 ft. of an overhead electrical line.
RICHMOND RACEWAY AND THE HENRICO FIRE DEPARTMENT RESERVE THE AUTHORITY TO SUSPEND THE USE OF FLAG POLES DUE TO UNSAFE WEATHER OR FOR ANY OTHER SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS THAT MAY ARISE.
Outdoor Fireplace Regulations:
- Open fires are not permitted at any time in the GEICO Main and Laburnum Reserved RV Parking lots. This includes, but is not limited to: campfires, portable outdoor fireplaces, sky lanterns, bonfires and fireworks. Propane and charcoal grills are allowed for cooking purposes only and must be contained within your site. Charcoal must be disposed of properly.
- Portable outdoor fireplaces are allowed in the GEICO Specialty Vehicle Reserved RV Parking in Lot F. Fires must be in approved outdoor fireplaces constructed of steel, clay, concrete or other non-combustible materials. Fires may not be built directly on the ground. Outdoor fireplaces may not exceed a diameter of 36” and are limited to a height of 24”. Fires must be more than 15 feet from vehicles, campers or other combustibles. Please see further guidelines below.
- Firewood shall not be cut or removed from Richmond Raceway property.
- Sufficient water must be supplied to extinguish fires as needed.
- Burning trash or other rubbish is prohibited. Flammable liquids shall not be used to start or contribute to a fire.
- Hot coals/embers shall not be discarded on the ground or left unattended. Charcoal must be disposed of properly. Each site must be free of debris, including ash and firewood, upon departure from the lot.
- Any unattended fire will be extinguished, and the right to have a fire will be revoked for that camper. RV Parking lots will be inspected several times during the day and night for compliance of the rules and regulations.
RICHMOND RACEWAY AND THE HENRICO FIRE DEPARTMENT RESERVE THE AUTHORITY TO SUSPEND OUTDOOR FIRES DUE TO UNSAFE WEATHER OR FOR ANY OTHER SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS THAT MAY ARISE.
- Non-Potable Water (up to 50 gallons)*** - $55.00
- Pump Out Service*** - $55.00
- Personal Port-a-John*** - $95.00
- There is one shower location.
- Next to Main Campground and handicapped parking lot as you enter the midway
- There is one shower location.
*** Please call (804) 608-5500 prior to arrival to arrange for non-potable water, pump out service or a personal port-a-john. Once on property, please contact (804) 608-5500.
Richmond Raceway is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please make sure you secure any personal belongings throughout your stay. Richmond Raceway strives to operate a safe facility. These regulations are designed to allow us all to meet this goal.
Please see your CALL SECURITY for any concerns or disturbances. Thank you for your cooperation.